Guidelines For Choosing A Guru, Coach Or Mentor
Chuck & Sue DeFiore
The following tips are meant as a guide for those of you who wish to enter into a coaching or mentoring relationship with a Guru, Coach or Mentor.
- If you are not going to work with the individual you are paying, dont do it. You need to work with the individual whos charging you, so you can have accountability from him/her.
- Take a very close look at the cost/benefit ratio of the relationship. Is similar information or help available at a lower cost or from other sources. Please understand that most of the information needed to succeed in Creative Real Estate or Home-Based Businesses is available for free if you have the time and ability to research it yourself.
- Be very careful of those who claim to have secret or proprietary ways of doing business. The dictionary defines proprietary as made and sold by one with the sole right to do so; exclusively owned; private; benefiting an owner; owned by a private individual or corporation under a trademark or patent.
Now ask yourself, does anyone in the field of Creative Real Estate own an exclusive method of doing business. The answer is no. It is just marketing hype designed to entice someone into parting with his/her money.
Most of the methods for finding, acquiring, renting, selling, optioning property have been around for years. Can someone bring a slightly different twist to these methods, yes; but this is hardly proprietary.
Take Lease Options, people have been doing options for well over one half of a century. There is nothing new about sandwich leases, assignments, etc.
Wouldnt you think that if someone had a proprietary method and he or she shared that method, that it would no longer be proprietary. Of course! Once shared, it is no longer exclusively owned, therefore not proprietary.
Which really leaves the part of the definition about benefiting the owner. As we have seen, there are truly no proprietary or secret methods; so who does this claim benefit Why the one trying to separate you from your money with this hype.
- Be careful about long term relationships. Be sure any contract you sign can be canceled if you are not satisfied with the service being provided to you. You should be the final arbitrator of whether or not a relationship is worth your money.
Do not pay for the entire period up front. Many Gurus, Coaches and Mentors have a non-refundable clause in their contracts. By paying the entire fee up front, you lose leverage in case of dissatisfaction with the services provided you.
- Be sure any material supplied to you and any services to be provided during the course of the relationship are covered in detail. Get a listing of what will be covered and the order in which it will happen. Do not accept generalities or vague comments like "Well get to that". Know exactly what you are paying for.
- Dont be led on by overly high prices. The most expensive is not always the best, especially for you. This is one area, where cost does not equal caring or commitment to your needs. Nor, does a high price indicate quality. Dont be fooled by the "Im worth it" line.
- Speaking of quality and caring, dont settle for lip service that someone cares about your future, make them demonstrate it. Speak to them a number of times. Do they give you the bums rush if you cant afford their services right now, or do they take some time with you. Do you get the sense that they are more interested in selling you something If you do, think very carefully before agreeing to enter any relationship with someone like this. What makes you think that their underlying attitude will change with the passing of money.
- Do they seem to get more benefit from the relationship than you do By this we mean, do they ask you to help promote their activities or products in your marketing material or promotional material. Do they ask you to do things for them, but are reluctant to do things to help promote your business If they do, these are warning signs that this could well be a one sided relationship. Dont fall for the line "Well, youll receive some back end benefit from this". Remember, youre in business to promote yourself, not someone else.
- If your Guru, Coach or Mentor makes a promise to do something for you, get it in writing, particularly if it has a monetary consequence to you. By getting it in writing, you a
Virtual Assistance; A Money Saving Opportunity For Employers.
What is a Virtual Assistant A Virtual Assistant is a highly skilled, independent entrepreneur who provides business services in a remote or virtual environment. Some have used terms like telecommuter or working from home.
Ethics in Business... A Lost Art
While watching Face the Nation one Sunday earlier this year, Bob Schiffer discussed the airline industry, his mother and ethics in business. Like Bob, I think it is a sad commentary today, that we have to police businesses. Whatever happened to going into business to provide a needed service, being loyal to employees, and keeping promises.
Learn To Save Hard Cash This Festive Season
Time was when shopping was a painful experience, a chore to be lived with. Cash Back schemes have now brought the fun back into shopping. One can now shop online and purchase all that you need without even leaving home. What’s more, these online purchases also pay you back a certain amount on your purchases. Online purchase stores are now offering its customers up to 40% Cash Back on every purchase made. For shoppers, who do not like to venture out for their shopping and make all their purchases from online stores, these Cash Back rebate programmes actually pay them back for just the pains you are taking to go online.
I Would Give Anything To …
A couple days ago I was listening to a CD by one of the most successful speakers in the industry. He has been around for many years and is considered one of the greats. He is also considered to be somewhat off the beaten path.As much as he is admired and respected by many, he is judged by just as many. The segment I found most intriguing was one about how others often say to him, “I would give anything to be a successful speaker and author just like you.”
A Real Estate Investing Primer
There are a great many books and web sites devoted to real estate investing out there, but most of them concentrate on one specific area of investing.Its often hard to find a general description of real estate investing, one that lists the various real estate investing strategies and how to get started.Thats what this article will set out to do.
Advertising Made Easy
How You Can Make Advertising Pay Big Dividends source: www.chetholmes.com
Increase Your Buying Power With Capital Gains Reinvestment
When it comes to selling property capital gains reinvestment can be an important strategy for homeowners and commercial and business owners.The Internal Revenue Service requires capital gains tax to be paid on the sale of all capital assets, including properties.Once the sale occurs the tax expense can be enormous, but with a little ingenuity capital gains tax can be avoided and the tax burden relieved.The sale of a home or an investment property can facilitate incredible steps forward for anyone in the real estate market.Planning, education and consulting the experts are the keys to increased buying power!
How Much Risk is Necessary to Grow Your Business
A business owner is thoroughly responsible for their own financial survival and possibly the financial survival of their employees. Business owners, for the most part, seem to be "risk takers", who really dont easily "go with the flow". They are inventive and somewhat confident, as just having their own business does mandate that they possess these qualities.
Optimizing for Visitors not Search Engines
Most people feel that optimizing is to target the search engines alone. In my opinion, this is not the only case. Optimization requires a balance of traffic enhancements and a user friendly atmosphere that provides clear navigation. Most will agree it would be much better to have people accept offerings from a Site, rather than masses of people who do nothing. Here are some general tips and thought to make pages user-friendly.
Understanding Real Estate Terminology
Purchasing a home can be a complicated and confusing process, especially for first-time buyers.Throughout the process, first-time home buyers will encounter a variety of unfamiliar real state terms. There are several key terms associates with purchasing real estate that are helpful to learn.
How To Give Your Home A Face-Lift: The Sellers Guide To A Quick Sell
One of the great challenges to selling a home can be showing all of its space, decor and natural light potential.For example, every home has crowded closets and dead space.Sellers should be aware that areas such as these are easy to spruce-up with a little elbow grease and old-fashioned innovation.
How to Get the Best Price for Your House
The best price to sell your home is always determined by how you compare against your competition, the house down the street. If your property looks better than the next guy’s the customer will buy yours.
Plan Your Success In Seven Ways
Many businesses lose money yearly because they don’t think creatively about the future.They run their businesses doing what they think they should: dealing with customers, dealing with problems, ordering for their business, and paying their expenses. They act like their business is a job. They are surviving and that’s it. They are not looking at the big picture. They need to use their business as a stepping stone to success. Picturing themselves as a successful business person, and setting up a plan to succeed.
Saving Money By Spending Wisely
Why is it that the older and richer people become, the more conservative they are with their money Have you ever done or know someone who has made an investment that promised a 10% interest or profit per month Everyone wants to make above average profits. It is amazing how many people will send their very hard earned money across the world to Nigeria or to Boca Rattan, Florida on the promise of a telephone acquaintance to make them much richer.People give their money to complete strangers in hopes of making more money.
Keeping Abreast Of Your Domain ...Updates and Keeping Up With It All
Another major complaint that most business owners have is all the reading they need to do to keep abreast of what is happening in their business area. Again time management and organization can be a tremendous help.
The 3 Keys To Business Victories
No matter what business you are in there is a high chance of failure. Why Because most people dont do the research and keep the right focus needed to succeed.
How to Choose the Proper Entity for Your Business
First, let me state that Im not an attorney and the rest of this article is just based on my experiences so Id advise you to contact John Hyre at www.realestatetaxlaw.com to get some solid, specific advice on your particular situation.
Five Reasons the Economy Will Crash and Will Stay Crashed
If the U.S. economy had to be summed up in one word, the word would be unsustainable.From entitlement programs to trade deficits, the U.S. economy cannot continue indefinitely on its current course.Sadly, changing course is difficult and political impossibilities are quickly giving way to mathematical impossibilities.The economy will soon come face to face with problems that cannot be solved and it will crash.The crash will be major and recovering from it will take many decades.
Small Business Tax Tips - Product Review of Tax Reduction Toolkit
Product Review – IntroductionProduct Review – What I likedProduct Review – What I didn’t likeProduct Review – Best Features SummaryTable of Contents – Seven Sections – 29 Tax TipsFinal Comments and Pricing under $40Suggested Books & Reference URLsPreview the ‘Tax Reduction Toolkit’ at: http://www.yousaveontaxes.com/toolkit.htmlhop=msbjcoc
Deep Linking Strategy for Content Sites
Linking - what a mess if you dont know whats going on. Either linking is "IN" or its "OUT" according to what you read these days.