|Real Estate Information|
Selling Your Home - A FSBOs Guide to Keeping It Safe
Home sellers not only need to think like a realtor in finding potential buyers for their homes, they also need to think like a personal security agent.
Sellers need to keep their safety in mind when prospecting potential buyers. The real estate industry has seen a problematic climb in assaults towards realtors, and so is the concern for those who are selling their own homes.
Here are the top 7 ways to protect you, your family, and your home, from being victimized:
1. Fully screen callers before allowing them an appointment for seeing your home. Ask all the questions: name, existing address, and telephone number. Where are they employed Why are they looking to buy Do they have a family in the area Any children Ask as many questions until you feel comfortable with this person.
2. Do not let unannounced visitors into your home unless you have their information first. If you are alone in the house, have them come back later when there are others home. There is no reason why someone cannot make an appointment with you. Make sure there is more than one person in your home when showing your property. Remember, safety in numbers.
3. If you must show your home alone keep a cell phone with you. If you are in danger of a potential buyer, you can easily call 911 for help. In the event in needing to get away from someone run out of the house into your vehicle or neighbor’s house. Remember, your life is more important than property. Most criminals interviewed say they do not want to harm anyone when taking property, but if a person puts up a fight, so do they. Property and things in your home can be replaced, your life cannot!
4. Tell your children, even if they are older to not let anyone in the house unless you are there. Even teenage children should not let anyone into the house. More assaults are committed on young people from the ages of 15- 25 years of age than any other age group.
5. Be very aware of virtual tours. If a virtual tour is an option for selling your home, make sure there are no expensive objects in the rooms. Criminals look for opportunities such as these to target homes to burglarize.
6. Let neighbors know you are selling your home. Check with them on a regular basis to see if anyone has been around the house when you are not there. Criminals will use an open house, or a walk-through to pose as a potential buyer to scope out properties to burglarize later.
7. Keeping the curb appeal not only adds value when you are selling a home, but adds to the safety of your home as well. Criminals say they look for high bushes near windows, not well-lit areas of a home, and concealed entrances to gain access to a home. Keep bushes trimmed low, repair or add higher wattage light bulbs to existing lights, and keep entrances well lit as for prevention.
How To Realistically Set Your Fees - Part 4
Effect Of Bad Debts
The Many Ways To Profit From O.P.P.s Multiple Cash Streams
In a previous article we introduced you to the concept of O.P.P., or Other Peoples Property.
How To Create A Website In Less Than A Week
Heres a really simple way... any novice can create a fully functional website in less than a week.
How To Realistically Set Your Fees - Part 3
Effect of Benefits
Retirement or Financial Freedom
In the past most people never retired. They died. The average life expectancy was much less than it is these days, and there were no financial planners around to help people save up enough to quit work. As recently as the 1960’s, if you did manage to save up enough money to retire, you’d be lucky to live another 5 or 6 years before you kicked the bucket. This made financial planning for retirement a little easier because you really only needed enough income for a few years.
Spring Into Action: Home Maintenance
Spring has sprung! Even more important than buds, birds, and bees, spring brings buyers! When buyers are looking for a place to nest, they would really rather not see problems. As it turns out, nearly every home inspected has problems or imperfections of some sort or size. Most issues are very minor and simple to correct. Almost all are a result of deferred maintenance.
Various Aspects Of The Lease Purchase Business
In a previous article, we wrote why we believe that Lease Purchasing is the perfect home-based business, here we want to briefly touch on some of the actual aspects of operating such a business, the pluses and minuses and why Lease Purchasing represents a win-win situation for the seller, the tenant/buyer and just as importantly, you, as the business owner.
Ethics in Business... A Lost Art
While watching Face the Nation one Sunday earlier this year, Bob Schiffer discussed the airline industry, his mother and ethics in business. Like Bob, I think it is a sad commentary today, that we have to police businesses. Whatever happened to going into business to provide a needed service, being loyal to employees, and keeping promises.
Remodeling Your Home:How Much Is Too Much
The classic way for homeowners to increase the value of their house is by remodeling existing rooms or adding on to its current plan.
Credit Cards For People With Bad Credit Scores
Sometimes life lands you in a situation that causes your credit to suffer. A job loss or illness can send your credit rating south leaving you with nothing to do about it. Some creditors may let you slide a month or two, but your records will still show a delinquency. A stolen identity can also leave you feeling violated and unable to resume a normal life with credit. It is during these times you may have to search a little harder to find companies that wan to deal with people who have bad credit. There are a handful of lenders who will help you re-establish your creditworthiness by using one of their credit cards.
Perhaps you’d like to take advantage of today’s great real estate market in housing but feel a little intimidated by everything that’s involved.
What is Bridging Finance
Once you understand what the term, “Bridging Finance” means, it’s easy to understand how it got its name.The purpose of a bridging or bridge loan is to provide short term cash for a real estate transaction until permanent financing is secured.Bridge loans are commonly used to “bridge the cash gap” when completing commercial real estate transactions.
5 Hot Internet Businesses For 2005
If you are planning to start a new business in 2005, you should seriously consider one of the many Internet based businesses available today. The online businesses have numerous inherent advantages in comparison to their brick and mortar counterparts.
Investing: The Art Of Making Your Money Work For You
There is a lot to know about investing. It all depends on what type of investing you are interested in as well. There are many different types of investment options out there. So what is investing, specifically
Classifieds with Localized Shopping
The Mjmls Classifieds, http://www.mjmls.com, received a modest improvement, with the utilization of a new GoLocal™ Feature. After several months of, “Beta-Testing,” various localization models, the Mjmls staff decided to implement a feature allowing users to sort advertisements by State or browse on a National level, using a simple, “Dropdown-menu”.
How To Better Handle Your Mail
Letters, magazines, bills, flyers, what to do with them all. There should be only two responses to every piece of mail or e-mail, do something with it, or toss it!
Politicians Are Like Car Sales People...
Well, another election has come and gone in the US and no matter which way you voted there are some important marketing lessons to learn.
A Bad Hairdresser Day
"Hey everybody!" Hairdresser Lady called out."Its The Happy Guy."
Camera Cell Phones -- More uses than you could have imagined
I was shopping in the large superstore with my five-year-old daughter, perfectly unaware that in the next few minutes I would be living through every parent’s nightmare – in an instant my child would disappear from my side. She had been looking through the little dresses right beside me and, when I called her to go try one on, she was no where to be found. I loudly called out her name, trying to keep the panic from my voice, as I frantically looked all around.
Australias Undiscovered Jewel
Bunbury and the South West area of Western Australia or WA is one of the worlds great places to live, with a Mediterranean climate, sandy-white beaches, beautiful native forests and all the infrastructure expected of a modern western society.
|home | site map|