|Real Estate Information|
Networking - Its Important!
Sue and Chuck DeFiore
Networking opportunities are everywhere. Dont let them pass you by.
1. Recognize that there is more to networking than greeting people. Develop a step-by-step plan for how youll build relationships and how you can effectively tell your story. Dont forget your 30 second commercial to tell your story.
2. Zero in on specific groups of people. Who are the ideal prospects for your business Do they live nearby What activities do they participate in Try networking groups meetings. For those of us in lease purchasing we network with real estate agents, accountants, financial planners, and a multitude of others.
3. Determine where youll be most likely to find your ideal prospects. Do they belong to specific organizations or associations Do they frequent particular events, performances or recreational facilities Again, for those of us in lease purchasing, investors, buyers and sellers are just the beginning.
4. Identify organizations, events, professional groups and social clubs whose members meet your profile characteristics, and get involved. Get to know people, and let them know what you do. Volunteer for committees, attend conferences, and maximize opportunities that might spin off from the formal sessions. For those of you in lease purchasing, and even other businesses, become an expert. Give seminars, speeches, write articles. Become involved and get your name out there.
5. Work on your ability to make small talk. Have some prepared topics in mind—current events, sports, vacation plans. And be sure to ask open-ended questions of the other person like "What is it you enjoy most about your work, or where you live or your free time" Remember, too, that having a good conversation depends greatly on being an active, courteous listener. Again, your thirty second commercial is a must. And lets emphasize again being a good and courteous listener.
6. Explore organizations dedicated to business networking. Chambers of commerce, tenant associations and networking clubs offer opportunities for you to meet and greet. Look for the groups in your area. Many times your local paper has a certain day of the week that lists all of these types of meetings. If you dont see it, call your paper and ask about it.
7. Look for partners. Specifically, look for other businesses that complement what you do and might be a good source of referrals. Again, those of us in lease purchasing have it easy. We have a ton of people to work with. For those of you in other businesses, think of who would complement your business. If you are a travel agent, how about hotels, spas; a flower shop, what about bridal shops, catering services, party planners... you get the idea.
8. Dont look at networking as a sales opportunity. Instead, look at it as a reconnaissance mission—a chance for you to learn something and enjoy the scenery. There is a proper time and place for sales calls. This is a very important point. Read it over and over again. Networking is not sales.
9. Make a habit of being patient, polite and friendly to people, whether or not youre in an "orchestrated" setting. This is just good business behavior. If you are going to run a business, at least a successful one, these are just some of the characteristics and behavior you will need to employ.
10. Finally, do something constructive with the names and information youve gathered. Stay in touch with the most meaningful contacts. Again, those of us in lease purchasing know the importance of following up and have numerous ways to do so. For those of you in other types of business, develop a few types of follow-up methods; such as phone, fax, newsletter, brochure, card and letter.
Referrals, introductions and contacts that simply come by chance are like gifts. Be sure to thank anyone who helps you network, and when appropriate pay a nice referral fee. Your ability to be seen as a giver rather than a taker will spread the word that you are someone with whom people want to do business.
Copyright 2001 DeFiore Enterprises
The Benefits of Buying and Selling Locally
Shop at a flea market in Oaxaca, Mexico. Trade with a vendor in London, England. Or sport your wares to collectors in Geneva, Switzerland. You can virtually do just that when you shop or sell goods at an online auction site. You know those global auction Web sites, the ones that allow you to bid on thousands of items against millions of other competitors. Sure, they allow you to expand your world and uncover cool knickknacks from around the world. But these very same sites also open the door to you getting ripped off by someone four thousand miles away. More than 8 billion dollars were spent on auction sites in the last three months of last year, but how many dollars were lost along the way
Top Ten Creative Strategies for Inspiring Creativity Where You Work and Play
Websites, automobiles, milk cartons, living spaces. Design saturates every aspect of our lives and the difference between success and failure could be the color purple, could be the person that you talk to every morning when you wake up, or could be the amount of light that streams into your office every day.
Investing: The Art Of Making Your Money Work For You
There is a lot to know about investing. It all depends on what type of investing you are interested in as well. There are many different types of investment options out there. So what is investing, specifically
Ethics in Business... A Lost Art
While watching Face the Nation one Sunday earlier this year, Bob Schiffer discussed the airline industry, his mother and ethics in business. Like Bob, I think it is a sad commentary today, that we have to police businesses. Whatever happened to going into business to provide a needed service, being loyal to employees, and keeping promises.
How to Sell Your House by Lease Options
Many people buy a house then have to move within a few years, due to divorce, relocation or financial difficulties. Without any equity though, it can be nearly impossible to find buyers and you still have realtor fees to contend with. There is a simple, easy way to have your payments taken care of for you and find a buyer, so that you can move onto your new life quickly and easily.
The Engagement Ring Bling
How much should you spend on a diamond engagement ring
Choosing The Right Mortgage For You
This article will help you understand the differences between a variety of mortgage options. There are many different mortgage products offered by the various lending institutions in Canada, so you may not know what features to look for.
Why You Never Have To Pay Retail Prices For Anything - Ever Again
I step into my local mall, and into a leading top brand clothes store. I see a jumper I like and while feeling the soft material casually lift up the price tag - and I almost feint with disbelief. How much Thats more than I make in 2 days! I quickly stop caressing the fabric and head toward Big Als Unbranded Clothes Discount Centre for a sweater within my budget range which unfortunately will no doubt look as if it were knitted by my 5 year old Niece.
I was all set to write an article predicting the future of search engines, when Yahoo dropped Google and replaced it with its own engine. Now thats big news. In less than twenty-four hours, Google went from about 79% of the market share to about 51%, almost overnight. And what a welcome relief it is too! Being #1 in Google was great, but when you had the misfortune of dropping even a couple of positions you really felt it. Now there will be more stability; if you drop in Google today, your hits from Yahoo will remain consistent.
Three Important Litter Box Considerations
There are three important litter box considerations toaccount for whether youre a new kitten owner, or someonewho has had a cat for a while. If kitty isnt happy withany or all three of these, you may find shell starturinating outside the box.
Random Whimsy: Uncensored Interview with Dan Lok
Norman Williams, publisher of "Big Money Publishing Newsletter," recently did a Q&A about me.
Are You Profiting From O.P.P.
Are you profiting from O.P.P. If not, why not
Organizing Your Day
One of the hardest things for most individuals working from home is to stay focused. One of the best ways to stay focused is organization. In addition, being organized will help your time management skills. The two are very much intertwined.
A Bad Hairdresser Day
"Hey everybody!" Hairdresser Lady called out."Its The Happy Guy."
How I Became a Hard Money Lender
Unlike other investors, my venture into real estate was a natural extension of my secondary business as the IP Ware software developer. However, opportunity and perseverance beget wealth, or at least a decent side income.
Is "Earning a Living" Stopping You
Every year, people resolve that THIS New Year will be different: "This will be the year that I write that book, start that new venture, double my income, take more time off to spend with my family," and the list goes on and on. However, when people think about pursuing their dreams, they often squash the idea because it doesnt seem practical.
Writing e-Newsletters – Tricks of the Trade
Follow 10 simple rules of thumb, and you’ll soon be writing great e-newsletters and reaping the rewards.
Image is Key to Your Marketing Success
In virtually any business first impressions are lasting impressions. Most people have heard this statement for years, and yet some people completely ignore the first impression they are conveying to potential customers or clients.
What Is A Mission Statement
In order to do your mission statement you need to be able to answer the following:
What is the Difference Between a Power Of Attorney and a Guardianship Which is Appropriate for Someone With Alzheimer’s
A power of attorney is a legal document in which one person the principal authorizes another the agent to act on his/her behalf. Financial powers of attorney allow your agent to make decisions regarding your property. Healthcare powers of attorney allow your agent to make decisions regarding your health care needs.
|home | site map|