Three Fs and a Challenge
It's no secret that life is a tricky animal to understand and it's even harder to tame it so that it delivers what you want. But from my work in the world of personal development I've figured out three simple things that can transform any situation, any problem, any issue...and any life. Three things that once in place can bring the best out of you, bring the best to you and allows you to enjoy all of it. What are these three things? I call them the Three F's - Fun, Fulfillment and Freedom.
Here are a few definitions from the dictionary.
Fun, n. - A source of enjoyment or pleasure; playful activity.
Ful-fil'ment, n. - To bring into actuality; to complete; a feeling of satisfaction at having achieved your desires.
Free-dom, n. - The capacity to exercise choice, free will; frankness or boldness; the absence of constraint in choice or action.
Read those again and really let them sink in.
Fun is about being playful, recognising the moment you're in and enjoying what's happening right now. Fulfillment is about following your desires, making things happen and the feeling of completeness we get from that. Freedom is about embracing choice, being yourself and removing the barriers and constraints in what we do.
Those things are huge, deep and broad and we have a tendency overcomplicate them. In fact those things are simple, and only become complex when we make them complex. Here's what I want you to do,
1. Take a moment to consider where you are in your life right now, and rate yourself on a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being your ultimate capability) for each of the Three F's. Be honest. Wherever you put yourself is okay - there are no wrong answers.
2. On the same scale from 1 to 10, ask yourself where you would love to be on each of the Three F's. Are you happy with where you are? Would you like more of the Three F's? If so, how high would you like to go?
3. The gap between where you are and where you want to be is your opportunity, and that's your individual challenge. People do amazing things every single day and all kinds of things are possible in life, so recognise that the gap can be closed, and that you can close it. The question is - do you want to?
4. If you answered 'Yes' and you do want to rise to your challenge and close that gap, then go ahead and skip straight to the next step. If you're hesitating that's okay too ? changing things and challenging yourself can be scary stuff. Get clear on the pay-offs and what's in it for you by asking yourself - What would things be like if you were to close the gap? What would you be able to do when you get to where you want to be? How would you feel?
Find something that gives you butterflies, find something compelling, shiny or attractive and then acknowledge that it's possible for you to get there, that you're capable of getting there and you deserve to get there.
5. For each of the Three F's, what one thing can you do this month that would take you forwards? What single action can you take to rise to your challenge? Write down one specific action for each of the Three F's and put a deadline on each.
6. Look a little further ahead and come up with three things you can do before the year is out that would take you forwards on each of the Three F's. By the end of the year how close to meeting your challenge do you want to be? How much of that gap do you want to close this year? What can you do to rise to your challenge? Write down three specific actions for each one.
Maybe spending more time with friends or family or improving your work/life balance would bring you more fun ? if so, how are you going to start?
Maybe setting and reaching a goal or completing a project you're already involved in would bring you more fulfilment ? great, what do you want to commit to so that you hit those targets?
Maybe letting go of something that hurts, confronting a limiting belief or simply choosing to move forwards in your life with the Three F's in mind would bring you more freedom ? what will allow you to feel more free?
Whatever your challenge and whatever your actions ? don't cheat yourself by not following through. Set yourself specific targets and actions, be sure to commit to what you want and follow through with those decisions and actions.
Singly, each of the Three F's is a powerful thing and can really help you to move forwards, enjoy where you are in life and feel alive. But when the Three F's come together....well, just hold on to your hats and keys, because you're about to have, do and be more....
About the Author
Learn to Do What Winners Do But Others Will Not
If you want to be a winner you have to be prepared to develop a certain personal trait which others will not.
A Perfect World ... Imbalance Creates Motivation
I am a big proponent of balance. Everything has to be just so. I believe that we should all strive to obtain balance in our lives. Balance between career and family. Balance between public and private. Balance between spiritualism, finances, and materialism.
Get Out of Your Comfort Zone - Before Its Too Late
Think about what you're doing each day and ask yourself - "Is what I'm doing now getting me to where I want to get to?" If the answer is "No" then do something different. Get out of your comfort zone and change your habits.
Mr. Smith, Please Enter the Dream Room - Dream Big Dreams to Do Big Things!
Enjoy a great quote to start off this fantastic week!
Motivation: The Cure for Complacency
Q. I've always tried to work hard enough to provide for my family and be content. The problem is, when I'm content, I get complacent, and everything starts to fall apart. How do I keep going and avoid getting complacent?
Problems or Opportunities?
As best I can tell hereā??s how it breaks down.
Trust the ?System? ? It Works!
The "System" ? the overall structure and organization of this great creation that we're a part of? including our ability to personally interact with (and benefit from) the spiritual aspects of this creation (universal consciousness, God, whatever you'd like to call it).
Nothing To Lose
I stormed out of the office and headed for the patio area in front of my office building. It was October 2003, and everybody knew what happened. Ever since our division consolidated in February 2002, there had been more "closed door" conversations than ever, and when they involved me, I usually came out angry. This time I was madder than ever. I was sick of the office politics, sick of the cliques, sick of people sneaking around the rules ? and you can only take all of that being sick so long before you explode. After complaining to my supervisor for the umpteenth time about the state of affairs, we both cracked. I told her I was disappointed at the lack of morals and integrity, and she told me that I needed to just shut up and get professional help for depression if that's what it took to quit complaining. Here is the ironic part: I have a degree in psychology.
Who Is The Inner Critic?
The inner critic is that voice inside your head that tells you that you aren't good enough, smart enough, talented enough, pretty enough, or strong enough. It nags and natters at you to the point that your self confidence and sense of bravery is destroyed. You are convinced that the voice is correct and that you really don't have what it takes to live out your wildest dreams. As time goes on, you quit setting meaningful goals. You become resigned to a life of mediocrity and dullness.
Self Confidence : The Importance of Will-Power
The importance of will-power is recognized by most men, yet few deliberately give any time or thought to its development. Why we resist one thing and yield to another may be due to "the strongest motive," but what more particularly concerns us in the study of self-confidence is in what way this mighty power can be built and directed.
Lights, Camera, Take Action
Have you ever had a great business idea?
The Undeniable Power of a Mastermind Group
A Mastermind is a group of individuals who are joined in purpose. All bringing their collective talents and experiences to the achievement of a common goal.
Your Dream Can Be Your Future
Here is a basic truth you must accept and believe if you are to achieve your dream?
I had a friend ask me a question not to long ago that really led me to do some thinking. "How do you manage to stay so positive all the time?" You never seem to have "bad" days she said.
7 Reasons To Stop Procrastinating Today
Procrastination is a delay tactic that has the ability to choke your dreams and abort the plans and purposes you have for your life.
2 Simple Ways To Cure Procrastination
Curing procrastination is not necessarily about will power or forcefully advancing in your goals but rather it is about learning why we procrastinate, what we are afraid of and finding ways to face those fears in order to move forward in our lives.
Get Negativity Out Of Your Life!
They say that the way to have a positive attitude and a positive life is to surround yourself only with positive things and positive people. What do you do then, when the negative influence in your life comes from your friend, maybe your best friend, or even worse, your spouse?If you are to take the positive advice literally, you are going to dump them! We both know that such advice simply is not acceptable. So what DO you do?
Top 4 Reasons Women Ride The ?Emotional Roller-Coaster?
1. Women have learned and are in the habit of being driven by the approval of others. Most women allow the expectations of others to define them and therefore making the approval of others is responsible for their happiness. This pattern gives others' the power to make and take your happiness at any time. Approval seeking steals your happiness and doesn't allow you to ever get to know yourself, your wants, your desires, or your needs. A total disconnect. Thus an up and down roller-coaster of emotions. Not a pleasant way to live.
How To Become More Patient
"Lord give me patience ? and hurry!"
Are You A Visionary
Dreams may seem unimportant in your quest for success. And it's true that ordinary dreams are often a mix of what happened during your day --plus some "wild" random associations.
|home | site map|