|Real Estate Information|
10 Tips for Investing in Distressed or Foreclosed Properties
1. Search on the world wide web for distressed or foreclosed properties as a starting point. Use a professional REALTOR to identify great foreclosure deals for you. You may be successful at searching the web on your own, but keep in mind some of the information is outdated, some may be incorrect, and some of the available properties are not even listed. A REALTOR subscribes to updated MLS listings and can offer you the most current information available.
2. If you search yourself for distressed properties and purchase from the selling agent, you are paying a commission to someone with a vested interest. Obtain objectivity in the sale by working with your own REALTOR. You won’t pay any more. Technically, everyone works for the seller, since they pay the commission.
3. With distressed or foreclosed properties, time is of the essence. Purchasers must close on the date specified by the agency, and cannot close after this without penalties of $25-200 per day.
4. It takes 1-3 weeks to qualify a loan. If you are approved for a loan, make sure you are qualified by your lender as soon as possible. If you are paying by cash, make certain funds are available. If finances are in order, the REALTOR will then submit an offer. When the offer is accepted by both seller and buyer, the REALTOR will submit the ratified contract to the lender and closing agent. These steps will begin the process of a successful real estate transaction.
5. When purchasing a distressed property, always obtain 3-4 bids from different contractors to estimate costs of repairs, if you do not plan on doing the work yourself.
6. If you are going to sell the property after rehabilitating it, ask your REALTOR to research similar properties in the neighborhood to ascertain market price.
7. Keep copious records for tax deductions. Any expenses related to the purchase, repair, or maintenance of the property may qualify. Meticulous records are key to a profitable real estate venture.
8. The title you receive after purchasing a distressed or foreclosed property is a special warranty deed rather than a general warranty deed. Some buyers are alarmed by this, but there is no need to worry. The purchase of title insurance protects the buyer. Each lender purchases insurance to protect the loan as well. Titling insurance should be obtained by the property purchaser. It is always offered by the closing agent. Consider using an attorney instead of a titling company as your closing agent. An attorney is only $50-75 more than a titling company. A real estate attorney can remedy any situation that may arise. Therefore, they are more efficient representatives on time sensitive foreclosure properties. 9. Foreclosure properties require special addendums and special contracts by the individual bank and HUD office where applicable.
10. Foreclosure properties are potentially the most profitable, but require the most attention to detail. A REALTOR experienced in foreclosure deals is highly desirable because the paperwork must be in order to submit a proper bid, and timeliness is critical.
Living and Retiring in Bolivia
A beautiful and inexpensive place without a tourist in sight. Sound like a dream Its not. This slice of paradise does exist. Nestled high in the Andes Mountains of South America, Bolivia is a little-known retreat exotically spiced with a unique Latin and Native American flavor. Bolivia has a lot to offer…a very low cost of living, unspoiled natural environment, friendly people and a range of climates to suit virtually every taste.
How to start a home business.
Do you know that it’s possible for a housewife or a ‘one-man-show’ around the world to start a home business for full time income
Product Review of Carelton Sheets No Money Down Course
Real estate continues to be a very important part of any financial wealth building strategy.Most wealthy individuals have real estate investments as a portion of their overall net worth.Carleton Sheets has been in real estate since the 1970s and has taken his experience to build a complete real estate course.
OPM - The Art Of Leveraging
Equity lender, hard money lender, private investor or what ever term one uses can be a great source of funds to do real estate transactions and the question of how to find them comes up often!
Flat Fee MLS Listings - Is this the future of real estate
Realtors are all a buzz about this new form of listing houses on the MLS multiple listing service. Some feel it creates more work for the buyers agent, while others see this as a way to tap into the For Sale By Owner market.
Top 7 Reasons Why FSBOs Fail To Sell Their Home On Their Own!
In the United States, less than 10% of all For Sale by Owners FSBOs, are successful in selling their home by themselves. That*s because most people just give up because they don*t realize from the beginning the difficulty and complexity of the job ahead. But that*s not the only reason. Here are the seven most common mistakes FSBOs make when selling their home.
10 Wisdom-Based Wealth-Building Strategies
“It’s the business of your life…and you’re the CEO!”Gala Gorman
“Where is America headed to”, New York Millionaire wonders…
Hello! Happy new year. May you live a long healthy life and prosper.
The Power Of Viral Marketing
You certainly know by now that the term "viral marketing" is not just another dot-com cliché. Quite the contrary, it describes the incredible, unmatched power of the Web to promote your business by marrying email to the traditional concept of "word-of-mouth."
Credit Establishment 101
There will come a day when you need credit. You may want to buy a home or a car and your credit rating will become very important to help make these dreams come true. One of the first things you will need to learn is the basic principle of money management, especially the ability to repay your creditors on time within the 30-day grace period they establish for you. Most people secure credit cards as the first way to establish credit in High School or College. Upon getting the credit card, usually a low spending limit, the ability to repay the card in an orderly fashion will help you establish a positive credit rating with the major repositories.
Brain Snappers and Other Wall Street Nonsense
Brokers do that to let you know that you don’t know anything about the market and you must allow them to make decisions for you. You don’t know the language. You are just too dumb. Another mushroom.
Scaling Down Almost Painlessly
Moving to a smaller house or apartment in a retirement community almost always involves a certain degree of trauma, both for the elder whos moving and for family members. However, by planning ahead you can reduce the discomfort involved and turn what might well become a nightmare into a pleasant event.
Real Estate Remains A Strong Investment
Opportunities to make big, quick profits in residential real estate tend to come and go in cycles.When a local market is hot, families may find it possible to buy a house at an attractive price, fix it up, and watch its value rise in just a few years.
Moving On: Powerful Tips For Selling Your Home
Maybe youre moving to a larger home to accommodate a growing family, relocating for a new career opportunity, or purchasing a townhouse for retirement.Whatever the reason for the move, youll need to take the necessary steps to sell your home for the best possible price, within a reasonable amount of time.Where do you begin
Easing Your Way Into Homeownership: A Guide To Low Down Payment Mortgage Programs
There’s no question about it:Buying a first home is a big financial commitment.In most cases, a home is the largest single purchase an individual or family will make in a lifetime.However, because of the tax advantages afforded to homeowners, buying a home also can be one of the best financial decisions you’ll ever make.
When And How To Prune Roses
The following article was written by David G. Hallstrom for and originally published by National Realtors Directory.com.
The Angry and Sometimes Grumpy Children of the 1950s
A bunch of us in our late 40s and early 50s got together the other night, and after the evening was over I started thinking that many of us born in the 1950s are in a crisis stage. People cant understand why we are so angry and grumpy sometimes. This article discusses some of the issues we have with society today and might enlighten others the younger set as to why we seem so disillusioned, and out of sorts at times.
5 Factors of Selling a Home
There are five major factors to consider when selling a home. These factors will greatly influence not only the final price you will get for the property, but also how quickly it will sell and how much grief you will suffer through the sale.
A Simple $20.00 Investment Can Protect You, Your Family and Your Nest Egg!
NY - 07/23/04 - What if you discovered that twenty dollars could give you access to an array of valuable information that addresses the lifestyle, needs and financial interests of people 50 and over. Well, a twenty dollar annual membership in Senior Resources of America, headquartered in West Hills, California, does just that and more.
|home | site map|