|Positive Attitude Tips & Information|
10 Tips to Improve Your Self Esteem
Striving to improve our self esteem is on everybody's mind. It doesn't matter if you actively pursue this goal or you subconsciously working on improving your self esteem. The problem with this is that you really don't know exactly what you want to improve. You're acting intuitively on external signals.
Do you know how to improve your self esteem? Probably not. To make it a little bit easier for you and to achieve your goals quicker I put together 10 tips that you can utilize right away.
1. Build up your self-esteem. You must take an inventory. What do you want to improve or change about the way you interact with others? Try to make only one change at a time. Always check you progress before making another change.
2. Celebrate your journey, not your destination. Learn to always feel good about where you are now, and to exude self-confidence about anywhere you might find yourself tomorrow.
3. Set clear goals for yourself before every interaction. Know what you want. Think about how the people you will be meeting can help you reach those goals. Then decide how to approach each person accordingly. Apply this regularly and you will notice a difference.
4. Be proactive. Take the initiative. Be decisive. Let the other person know exactly how he or she can help you. Proactive people tent to be more successful in their career.
5. Treat each person you meet as if she or he is truly important. (You'll be amazed how this works.)
6. Give a firm handshake; look the other person straight in the eye. Practice both of these. Your handshake should be just right. Not too firm and not too loose. Train yourself to notice something you like or find attractive in the person.
7. Listen! Listen! Listen! Teach yourself to develop good listening skills. Learn a way to remember the other person's name. If in doubt simply ask for the name again 2 or 3 sentences into the conversation.
8. Visibly respond to the other person. Smile, nod agreement, and address him or her by name. Apply all you listening skills to visibly respond. The body language is the most important part of a conversation. Practice, practice, practice?
9. Pay more attention to the other person than to yourself. Are you responding to what may be going on in his or her life? Don't filter out bad news. Put yourself in the other person's shoes. Be caring.
10. Stay "in the moment." Don't mentally cut off the other person. Don't reload while he or she is speaking. What this means is that you need to focus on the other person 100% during a conversation. Anything less is considered rude.
Next time you meet somebody new look out for these behaviors. Put a mental checkmark on the each of the 10 tips and see how well this person scored. Chances are that the person scored very high if you tent to like her/him. On the contraire the person probably scored low if you don't seem to connect.
The more you practice the more likely you will create a positive aura which is commonly known as charisma. To step up to become a charismatic personality it takes more than just these 10 tips.
Creating a positive aura will benefit you in every thing you do. You will create a warmer ambience with your family. You will be more successful in your career. Even while trying to meet a partner of the opposite sex you will notice a difference on how people perceive you.
Unfortunately a small article can't do justice on the wide spectrum of creating a positive aura and developing a charismatic personality. You will get the complete picture and step by step explanations in Race Kale's new book "The Power of Charisma".
Peter Dobler is an active real estate investor and a successful home business entrepreneur. Learn how to become a charismatic personality in this new book. http://www.powerofcharismabook.com
Cant Take a Compliment?
"Putting ourselves down, is an insult to our worth." --Helen Ksypka
The Enchanted Self - Thats Each of Us!
In my years as a psychologist, I have come to believe that most people seeking psychotherapy are unhappy. This is not only due to earlier hurts and traumas, as well as present frustrations and problems, but because they cannot access earlier happy moments often enough. The unfortunate result is not being able to experience enough positive states of well-being. It is these unique states of well being that I have come to label THE ENCHANTED SELF.
Changing Stumbling Blocks To Stepping Stones?
"The difference between a stumbling block and a stepping stone is how you use them." - Unknown
The 5 Winning Beliefs To Accomplish Anything In Life
A more positive future, a happier life, a body that's in better shape or a wealthier mind begins by a winning belief system. Beliefs shape our destiny and the more supporting they are, the more we are able to achieve our goals.
Attitude Adjustment 101: Nine Ways to Transform You From Mediocre to Magnificent
"Work on your career and you'll make a living. Work on yourself and you'll make a fortune."
How To Reduce Anxiety When Affirmations Dont Work
Have you ever read that you should think positively when you are feeling anxious?
Believe It Or Not
I am often astounded at what and why people believe what they do. I am sure that you too have noticed that some people believe in the oddest things.
Increasing Expectation Positively!
At your next staff meeting lead your team through the following discussion and exercise.
Seeing Challenges as Opportunities
Are you a person who loves challenges, or hates them? I must admit I've spent most of my life as a person who hates them. I've always thought of challenges as frustrating, maddening obstacles keeping me from where I want to be. I even used to take them personally, feeling like the universe must hate me and like to see me struggle. ;-)
The Power of Positive Thinking - Turn a Bad Day Around!
Turn brutality into kindness. There is no small deed and no kindness that is insignificant. A kind word, holding the door open for someone, complementing another, thanking another or easing the pain or the effort of one who may be infirm, all of these, no matter how small or no matter how little effort is used, are a gift to the Spirit and all make for a little more peace on the planet.
How Important is Attitude?
We have often missed the mark because we believe we set goals too high. In a moment of enthusiastic wishful thinking, we have stretched just a bit too far, too high, too tough. But did we? Probably not. Here is your proof...
The Top Ten Ways To Be Positive In The Workplace Of Life
There is a growing volume of research that shows' staying positive is better for your health; you can cope better with stress. It's better for relationships; you keep from judging people and getting the bad habit of gossiping. It takes much more energy to be negative, always worrying, thinking of the " what if's", the "should's". Being positive, living in the present will lighten your life and the mood of others around you.
Being Tender With the Ugly Parts of Yourself
Does that title make you cringe? It made me cringe when it popped into my head a few days ago.
Chanel Your Prosperity Energy Today
Every emotion, wether we classify it as good or bad, has energy. Think about it. Can't you feel it when you are angry or bouncing off the walls happy? Just as there are levels of energy for these emotions, there are levels of energy for another emotion - wanting.
We all have a unique way of communicating our story, a way that reflects our life experience. The photographer uses a camera, the artist a brush, and the musician a melody or rhythm. But as the years go by our story changes. We look through a different filter, paint with a different color, sing a different song or feel a different rhythm. This past June family members came from all over the country to celebrate my son's graduation from high school. While sitting on the baseball field with picturesque mountains in the background, memories of parenting flooded my mind. I thought about how rapidly my children had changed and how I had to let go of some of my expectations in order to stay connected with them. As I eagerly awaited the moment of my son's graduation, the valedictorian read an inspiring poem and a few students performed original inspirational songs for the occasion. And then the principal addressed the students and their families. She made reference to Spencer Johnson's classic parable about change, "Who Moved My Cheese." It is a paradox of life that while our children change rapidly, we as adults try to put the brakes on the speed of change. We like to think to some degree we are in control of our life by holding on to what we're used too. "No," Hem quickly responded. "I like it here. It's comfortable. It's what I know. Besides it's dangerous out there." Johnson, Spencer "Who Moved My Cheese?"
Change and Transition - 10 Steps to Surviving Change Elegantly
If I say the word "CHANGE" how do you feel? Most people remain fearful, anxious and uncomfortable with change, despite it being a driving issue in our society. It appears that no matter how much experience we have it doesn't get any easier.
Time To Give Up Resentment
Resentment isn't a spectacular emotion, but it is long-lasting and it easily becomes a way of life. When this happens, it blocks all possibility of successful and healthy relationships.
Overcoming Bad Moods
From experience, one of the biggest stumbling blocks for people who attempt to improve their states of mind is feeling motivated to use the strategies when they have already slipped into negativity. Sometimes, despite our best intentions, we just cannot help but fall into a less empowering mood, and then we stop doing the things we know we should do to feel good.
Big Move to a Small Town
I'm getting calls from folks who say, "I hear you moved to a very small town. I'm thinking of doing the same. What's it really like?"
Creating Your Desires
|home | site map|