|Positive Attitude Tips & Information|
The Top Ten Ways To Be Positive In The Workplace Of Life
There is a growing volume of research that shows' staying positive is better for your health; you can cope better with stress. It's better for relationships; you keep from judging people and getting the bad habit of gossiping. It takes much more energy to be negative, always worrying, thinking of the " what if's", the "should's". Being positive, living in the present will lighten your life and the mood of others around you.
1. Attitude is everything. It is the lens that you look through to experience your reality. Take a look at your attitude. Are you negative? Do you color everything with fear or need? How will your life change if you change your attitude?
2. Treat people with kindness and respect. Everyone that you encounter should be valued, treated with courtesy. Acknowledge that they have feelings and their own perspective on life, they may be different than yours but they are also valid.
3. Avoid comparison- whether you are looking down at the people who have not mastered special strengths or up at people who may be more experienced or accomplished. Constantly comparing yourself keeps the focus on the other person instead of what you can do, want to do, and are good at doing. Look inside and improve from there.
4. Take responsibility for your work, actions, and life? Don't pass the buck. Don't make excuses. Take responsibility; acknowledge a mistake fix it and learn from it. Don't beat yourself up about the mistake, or hang onto past mistakes. Resolve them, own them and move forward. Today.
5. That doesn't work for me. Keep this in mind when someone offers a put down. When they cross your boundaries. Your worth comes from you; your being, your true self. They cannot change your intrinsic value unless you let them. Make it clear that what they are doing doesn't work for you, keep your boundaries and move forward.
6. Respect other people's time and boundaries. If you are having a bad day, feeling stuck, or you are just enjoying procrastinating. Make sure you don't use that as an excuse to waste other people's time or cross their boundaries. Time is the most valuable thing we have. If you feel like wasting your time that's your decision but don't waste other people's time.
7. Make a "what I have accomplished list". Too often people make huge to-do lists and then beat themselves up when they have only accomplished a few things on the list. Keep your master list of what you want to accomplish so you don't forget things that are important to you, but keep a second list you update daily. Each day keep a specific list of all the things you did and how much time you spent on each thing. You'll know where the day went, can feel good about what you did accomplish and see where you need to focus, to get what's most important to you, done.
8. Take notice of the people around you; co-workers, customers, clients, vendors, and other people you come in contact with each day. Acknowledge what they are contributing and don't take them for granted. Thank them for buying from you, for their help, their value to the relationship, and for a job well done.
9. Enjoy the little things that happen in your day. The compliment someone gave you on the insight you shared at the staff meeting. The big smile the customer gave you when they picked up their order. By recognizing your accomplishments even if they seem small or routine, you are acknowledging a job well done.
10. Coming from a positive attitude and perspective you will feel more in control. Consider each job and interaction as your best performance, rather than just running them together as part of your day. You will see the impact you have and the value you offer. People will be attracted to this. They will notice how well you do things and they will truly value you.
About The Author
©BZ Riger-Hull. Author of The Soul of Success http://www.in-spiros.com For valuable free articles, mailto:A1@smartautoresponder.com Certified as a Success Coach, "Four Agreements" Facilitator, & Tele-Course leader We help you communicate powerfully, reduce stress, Strategically Attract success, & increase your financial well-being. Our coaching programs and Tele-Courses give you the Tools you need to Succeed.
Affirmations for Success + Music = Pow!
Music penetrates our mental barriers and influences the deepest areas of our mind. The right music, combined with the right affirmations for success, can have a huge effect on our receptivity.
Is Your Glass (Ceiling) Half Empty or Half Full?
The infamous "glass ceiling" is blamed for business issues for women from poor salaries to lack of corporate advancement. This invisible barrier holds many women captive in unpleasant work environments, settling for pay which is far below industry averages, accepting weak titles and agreeing to poor advancement opportunities.
The 5 Words That Are Ruining Your Life
How would you like to stop feeling like your life isn't good enough? (I realize advertisers would go broke if this happened, but it's better for you!) Imagine feeling joyful, whole and complete when you look in the mirror at the end of the day.
During these times of uncertainty in the outside world, look inside your self. Are you feeling uncertain? Are there new energies happening in your life? Are there new feelings and paths of direction to choose from? Have you been listening to your inner sense of self?
Creating Icebergs Out Of Hostility
Have you ever dreaded an upcoming presentation, meeting or function because you just knew that the group would be hostile? Maybe you had heard that these people are very critical, even aggressive.
Reacting To Given Situations!
The milkman knocks at the door of the old lady's apartment. He notices that the door is open. He slightly pushes the door open and finds that she is murdered. His natural reaction to the situation would be to scream with fright, fully shaken up. The fear that someone might blame him, and the fear that the police might interrogate, flashes in his mind. But once he takes control, he begins to respond to the situation by calling the neighbours.
How to Stay Positive in a Negative World
The Enchanted Self - Thats Each of Us!
In my years as a psychologist, I have come to believe that most people seeking psychotherapy are unhappy. This is not only due to earlier hurts and traumas, as well as present frustrations and problems, but because they cannot access earlier happy moments often enough. The unfortunate result is not being able to experience enough positive states of well-being. It is these unique states of well being that I have come to label THE ENCHANTED SELF.
A Recovering Ragers Creed
A rager, or rageaholic, is a person who is addicted to the expression of anger. While many people feel better when they "let it all out" a rageaholic should totally and completely abstain from expressing their anger.
Absence Makes The Fear Go Yonder!
Emotions are controlled by a combination of reason and action. Man is the only member of the animal kingdom that can control the emotions he experiences on a day to day basis. But, in the negative antagonistic environment we live in, you will need a good healthy dose of something to turn your water into wine.
Success Through The Way You Think About Yourself
If you think you are a loser, you train or work like a loser i.e. sloppily and half-heartedly. If you think you are a winner you train like one i.e. with maximum focus, great expectations, excitement and consistent effort. This article takes a look at why people think like winners or losers and what they can do about it.
Garbage Words In - Garbage Thinking Out
"At birth, a baby's brain contains 100 billion neurons, roughly as many nerve cells as there are stars in the Milky Way," according to an article Time magazine.
The Power of Negative Thinking
For some reason, most people find it easier to think in a negative way than in a positive manner. It seems that some effort is needed to think positive thoughts, whereas negative thinking comes easily and uninvited. This has much to do with education and the environment one has been living in.
3 Little Words Equal More Power To You!
Life shouldn't be so complicated. Have you ever wondered why it is? Have you ever thought; "why can't I figure this out?" Have you ever said; "I don't have an attitude problem, you have a perception problem?" Why are our lives so complicated?
Gratitude: the ICE that Fills Your Half Empty Glass!
Are you completely happy in your life right now? Honestly? Have you achieved all the success that you know is rightfully yours?
Free Tips To Increase Self-Esteem
I have had many confidence issues in my life, all of which I have either dealt with or overcome. I have written about some of these issues below.
Mindfulness and Curiosity: Inspiring Affection
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious." -------Albert Einstein
How Important is Attitude?
We have often missed the mark because we believe we set goals too high. In a moment of enthusiastic wishful thinking, we have stretched just a bit too far, too high, too tough. But did we? Probably not. Here is your proof...
Shifting Your Paradigm
What is a paradigm? In my own words, a paradigm is a belief system. It can be a personal belief system, or one held by a mass number of people, or even the whole world. Such a belief system is so entrenched in our minds as truth that it usually does not occur to us to question it. Therefore, many of us never even think that maybe this thought pattern needs updating. But, inevitably there are those that go against the common thought, and begin to challenge long held beliefs. More and more people begin to awaken, each individual begins to change their personal belief system, and the phenomenon that occurs as this old belief system comes tumbling down is often referred to as a paradigm shift.
Harness The Power Of Words In Your Life
Speaking comes to most people as naturally as breathing. On many occasions our words are uttered without conscious thought; in fact we rarely stop and think about what we are saying. Thousands of words pour out of our mouths each day as our thoughts, opinions, judgements and beliefs are freely expressed. Often, however, we are oblivious to the positive or negative effect these words have on ourselves and the people around us.
|home | site map|