|Goal Setting Information|
Organizing Your Goals
We all have goals and dreams that we want to accomplish-some big, some small. But until we can organize a plan on how to pursue these goals and dreams, we may never reach our final destination or possibly even start. Goals can help us to feel more confident and fulfilled. They can give us direction and help us to make decisions. Goal setting can help us to feel more organized.
Here are some simple steps to assist you in beginning your journey towards your goals.
1. Brainstorm - With pen and paper decide what goals you wish to pursue. Write everything down. Your list can be as long as you wish. Your goals can be as big or small as you wish. They can include areas of your life such as family, health, career, spiritual, education, travel, etc.
2. Prioritize - Choose a few goals you want to begin with. Which ones are more important or urgent to you? List those on a separate sheet.
3. Get Specific - Once you have decided which goals you are going to work toward, write them down on a new sheet of paper and begin adding the details of the goal. Be very specific. Only use words and description that are positive and describe what you DO want to accomplish. List each step that you need to take toward that goal.
4. Visualize Your Goals - Picture them often in detail in your mind. You can also post pictures from magazines or photos to help you see your dream.
5. Watch Your Progress - Read over your goal list regularly. It will help to remind you of your progress and keep you on track. You can also hang your list up where it is always visible, like at your bedside. If you notice that you haven't made any progress, try adjusting what steps you need to take.
6. Work Through The Bumps - Your journey toward a goal may not always run according to your plan. You may have setbacks. Learn from them. They may be good lessons to help you in the future. Some of the best experiences come from the actual journey toward your goal, than the goal itself.
7. Mission Accomplished. Next! - Once you have completed a goal, begin to work on the next and so on. Goals setting should be a constant action. Make it a life-long habit.
Tips for Encouragement
1. Use your emotions to help you to continue to move towards your goal.
2. Every step you take, no matter how big or small, gets you closer to your goal and your success.
3. Your only failure will be if you give up and quit. Don't be afraid of setbacks or mistakes-they will bring you closer to success.
4. We can be our own worst enemies-be compassionate toward yourself.
Angela received her bachelors degree in fine arts, with an emphasis in Commercial Design, from Western State College, Gunnison, Colorado in 1992. She has years experience in graphic design and is also an artist. She is also married with three children, 7 year old and twin one year olds.
After many requests from friends and family to help in assist in organization projects and decorating/design projects, she has turned this talent into a career. She now is a professional organizer assisting families in their homes, students and artists. She is a member of Colorado Professional Organizers (CoPO), and National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO).
Why You Must Stop Setting Goals
My goal in life is to have no goals. They get in the way of true progress.
Creativity Management ? Short Term Goal Setting
Creativity can be defined as problem identification and idea generation whilst innovation can be defined as idea selection, development and commercialisation.
Personal Goal Setting and Management - Planning for the Year Ahead
The start of a New Year is a great time to plan for what you want to achieve. What better time than to invest in yourself and set a course for the future. As you reach your goals you will need to set new ones. How do you do this in a powerful and focused way?
7 Effective Ways To Set Your Goals In Motion Today
1. Stop seeking approval from people.
The Power of the Negative
The vast majority of us learn very early on that we are expected to deal with facts. In and of itself this might not be such a terrible thing. The trouble starts when we combine with this the idea that we also learn very early on where these facts come from. Typically we are not learning that facts come from testing hypotheses and finding evidence for a piece of information, but rather that facts are synonymous with statements. As we have learned that facts are true, when we are provided with a statement that is held up as a statement of fact, we tend not to question it. Obviously there are times when taking this approach to dealing with the world is hugely advantageous.
Attain Instant Results With Goal Setting Tools
Your path to the successful accomplishment of your goals can be very thorny. Ups and downs, hardships and difficulties are inevitable components of success. Besides, difficulties add some spice to the groove of our life.
The Great American Dream Challenge: Faith Restored
Years ago, people came to America in pursuit of their dreams and still do to seek a better life. Work hard, stay focused and you can achieve the American Dream. But our nation, in fact our world, changed on September 11, 2001. Our hearts and spirits were broken, fear and cynicism crept into our collective consciousness, and many are still in need of restoration.
Productive Goal Setting
There's been a lot written about goal setting and there are many different approaches and methods ? in fact, it's easy to get caught up in the confusion about how to set goals and not end up setting any. These simple steps will help you to set powerful goals and make goal-setting an invaluable part of your life. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve with the help of some well though-out, written goals ? try it!
How Clear is Your Vision?
Wouldn't it be nice to know that there is a way to get what you want? Whether it's in business or your personal life, this article will clearly show you the steps you need to take to achieve your goals.
Giving Up Too Soon
So you feel beaten up and bruised and you're ready to quit. You have no support system or the one you have is pathetically inadequate for the goals you've set. You're so tired that the couch is looking more and more inviting everyday. You have bills piling up and you probably ought to get a real job anyway. The failure rate is statistically high and nobody is going to fault you if you quit. Who really cares if you give up and quit now? You do.
Does Your Goal Enhance Your Overall Quality of Life?
So many people struggle with the issue of time management.
Under Their Thumb - Tripping The Parental Triggers!
Some of my clients have come to me feeling like their worlds were not under their own control. They felt as though everyone else ran their lives and had some aspect of control in everything that they did. I asked them to note some specific situations in which they felt this way and how they felt "out of control" of the situation. It's interesting to note that in every circumstance, there was some aspect of "guilt" or "second-guessing" involved. Indeed, these are the purest signs of self-relinquished control.
Climb and Summit Mt. Goals
Are you trying to reach a goal that feels like a large mountain to climb?
Check Your Frequency
From time to time we need to stop during our day to keep our frequency in check. Our frequencies are the ranges of feelings and emotions that we have. Like radio waves, our feelings and emotions vibrate at different frequencies. This is a major part of how we create our reality. And why we need to always be mindful of the frequencies we're emitting.
Six keys to keys build vision - point four
4. Start somewhere (put to use what you already have)
For the past several weeks, I have not been sleeping well. I've been waking up after 4 or 5 hours, tossing and turning for the rest of the night. I have tried to think peaceful thoughts and hoped that I would go back to sleep quickly, but instead I found myself trying to solve numerous problems in my life.
The 11 Basics of Goal Setting
"Man is a goal-seeking animal. His life only has meaning if he is reaching out and striving for his goals." ?Aristotle
The Future: Help is Available
How important do you believe it is to think about and visualize your future life?
Quick Tips On Achieving Your Goals
Want to achieve your goals faster?
Ingredients That Make A Winner
Whether we like to admit it or not, other people's opinions of us really do matter. The opinions we have of ourselves, matters even more. Think about this for a minute. What separates the haves from the have-nots? Nothing, but your own fear and insecurities.
|home | site map|