|Top Quick Tips
7 Steps Toward a Better Website
Creating a website is one thing, making it better is another. Matt shares 7 steps to help you gain a better website.
1. Update your content. Stale content will certainly drive your regular visitors away. Add fresh content at least twice a week; couple relevant feed with ezine articles if you are not particularly adept at writing.
2. Swap out pictures. Freshen your photographs regularly. Add new pictures, toss old ones that are no longer relevant.
3. Overhaul your site. No, you need not gut your site, instead create a new template and move your current information over. Do this at least once per year.
4. Add a forum. If your site is geared toward one particular topic, consider adding a forum to generate additional traffic. Count the cost as forums can be real time eater.
5. Add a storefront. OS Commerce offers a free, easy to use storefront. Couple it with Paypal, hire a dropshipper, and you are ready to go.
6. Go after advertisers. Besides the usual PPC schemes, sell banner advertising space to companies. Make sure the ads are relevant to your visitors.
7. Run contests. Give something away on a regular basis and your guests will know that you have a "happening" site.
By being proactive with your site, you will gain a regular supply of new visitors, retain your regulars, and make some money in the process. Keep your site interesing, informative, and fun; grow what you own or risk getting beat out by someone much more motivated than you.
Matt regularly refreshens his 15+ sites and he constantly is looking for ways to generate new traffic. Samples of two of his sites are here:
The Ten Best Kept Secrets For Protecting Your Business Property Against Theft
1. Locks and Padlocks ? Locks on all outside entrances and inside security doors should be double cylinder deadbolts with removable collars. The deadbolt should have at least one inch throw containing a hardened steel insert and protected by a latch guard. Padlocks should be of hardened steel, mounted on bolted hasps and always locked to prevent exchange. Serial numbers should be filed off to prevent new keys from being made.
Get Your Mailing Noticed - Seven Tips for Effective Direct Mail Pieces
When sending mail to clients and potential clients, make your mailing stand out from the stacks of "junk mail" they receive. Here are a few easy ways to get their attention.
Business Goals - The 10 Commandments
The Ten Commandments of Goal Setting While it's good to set goals and work them into a proper plan, the fact is many people succeed in business without setting any goals. Be careful not to set your goals too high. You should have goals that are achievable, otherwise frustration will set in and you are more likely to give up.
Positioning Your Company for Debt Financing
Positioning Your Company for Debt Financing:
Top 10 Items to Review & Build Your Business Now!
In building and runnng an independent private practice or small business, there are many items that need to be monitored closely and should be reviewed periodically. Year-end is a traditional time do this, and this week's Letter is a "Top Ten" of items to review as the year draws to a close, or whenever you decide to pause, reflect, take stock and re-assess.
10 Great E-Commerce Businesses You Can Start Now
If you've been thinking of starting a business on the web but you're not sure what type of business to start then this article is for you. You could be wasting valuable time trying to make your first move. There are thousands of opportunities on the web and this article is meant to show you just a few great ideas that could help you get up and running with your very own e-commerce business.
7 Tips on How To Prepare for Business Events
Are you scratching your head after business events wondering why you aren't finding prospects? Whether it's your first or 100th event, here are some tips on how to prepare for your next event that can make the difference between scratching and smiling. These tips will help you save time, money, create memorable impressions, and increase connections.
Why Dont They Just Get It Done: 7 Performance Tactics for CEOs
Buckling under the weight of chronic corporate restructuring, and frustrated by performers who don't respond to carefully crafted strategic plans, high level executive leaders are being confronted by a growing performance gap between what needs to get done and what gets done.
Ten Tips For Staying Connected While Working Alone
Ten Tips for Staying Connected
How To Use The Power Of Focus To Build Massive Momentum In Your Business
Getting focused on what you want to achieve and creating an action plan for making it happen are critical skills for you to master.
Ten Tips for Effective Meetings
Here are ten things that you can do to hold more effective meetings.
Ten Tips For Starting A New Job
1. Get to know people. First meet those people in your department and then those in departments you interface with. Listen more than you talk. Ask lots of questions and get clarification if necessary so you truly understand how the office/department/business works.
Entrepreneurs - 7 Business Mistakes You Must Avoid
Many mistakes can be made in business and if you are able to avoid some of them by reading and taking note of these warnings, then the time taken to put these together will be worth while. Here are some business mistakes that are common to many entrepreneurs..
The Hidden Power Of Understanding: A Secret To Building Massive Momentum In Your Business
You're busy with your business today, aren't you?
Want a Web Site that Turns Lookie Loos into Buyers? Seven Passion Copywriting Tips
Web Site Blues? Need one, don't know where to start? Got one, but aren't getting enough sales?
Top Ten Tips: Where to Get the Best Business Books Now!
There are many places you can get books, and I don't pretend to know them all. I've listed a few of my favorites below. I hope they'll inspire you to make a way to read a new book or 5!
No More Lists To Remember
Are the endless lists of Top-7's and Top-10's taxing your brain and your memory? Do you ever feel like trying to keep all these ideas straight, let alone apply them properly at the correct moment in time an overwhelming chore? How often do you find yourself having to review these lists? Perhaps endlessly until the next list comes out and then it's back to square one again.
Top Ten Reasons to Write a Sales Letter for Each Product? - Part 1
Authors/publishers are great at getting their books written. Entrepreneurs know their products. But after the initial one-year honeymoon, sales slow down. To counter this make sure your ebook, product, or service you offer will keep on selling from the first day, the first year, even for life. Write a short sales letter for each product or ebook.
How to Apply the 12 Steps for Managment Conflict and Resolution
1. Admit there is a problem.
Ten Top Performance Management Tips
Talk to Your People Often By building a great relationship with your people you will bring trust, honesty and information. This gives you a head start in Performance Management of your people.
|home | site map