Easy Ways to Turn Any Evening Romantic
If you don't have the time, money or energy to plan and execute the perfect date, you're not alone. The good news is you can set up a romantic evening in just a few minutes and without any cost. Use these easy ideas to turn any evening at home into a romantic rendezvous.
1. Location ? Pick a spot outside like the hammock, lawn furniture or simply throw a blanket down. The stars make great romantic scenery. If you're staying in, pick a room you don't normally spend a lot of time in. It will help keep your minds off daily routines. Throwing pillows and blankets on the floor in front of the fireplace is very romantic. If you have children, put away any toys, bottles and clothing they may have left in the room so you're not thinking of them during your romantic evening.
2. Lighting ? Romance is about atmosphere, bright lights at night won't do. Turn the lights down. If you can't turn them down, you may want to unscrew a bulb or two to create a soft look in the room. You can light some candles. One or one hundred, it's up to you. Always take care when burning candles, don't leave unattended and don't burn them under curtains or other flammable items. Hanging a string of white lights somewhere in the room will create the feeling of warmth and passion. A sting of white lights will also look very romantic outside in a tree, on a porch or railing. If your location is outside, you can light torches and citronella candles to keep the bugs away.
3. Music ? Being in a good mood is key to pulling off a romantic evening and nothing can change your mood as quickly as music. Turn on the radio. Play music that makes you feel good and upbeat. It doesn't have to be boring elevator music, in fact that could make you and your partner drowsy. If you don't want commercial interruptions you can play your favorite CD's or tapes.
4. Edibles ? Grab a nice looking dish and raid the cupboards. The typical romantic snack foods are: cheese, crackers, grapes, and strawberries. But if you don't have these items anything bite size will do such as peanuts, pretzels, cut vegetables, etc. Put any drinks in wine glasses. Wine, beer, soda, fruit drinks and even water are more enticing when served in wine glasses.
5. Alone Time ? This is time for just the two of you. No company, no distractions. Turn off cell phones and pagers; let the telephone answering machine get the calls. If you have kids, put them to bed before starting your date. Schedule this time like an important appointment. At least two hours should be set aside.
The evening doesn't have to be perfect. If something goes wrong, it doesn't have to be ruined. Be optimistic, go with the flow and continue. And when planning your next romantic rendezvous make a few minor changes for variety. Be creative and enjoy!
L.A. Hunter is the author of "Romeo's Playbook: A Man's Guide for Enhancing His Relationship and Sex Life." Along with being a romance consultant for other websites she is the founder of http://www.RomeosPlaybook.com, where men and women can get romantic tips, ideas and advice for their relationship. Free E-books offer.
Managing Miscommunication - Asking The Agreement Question?
A man and woman were trying to move a couch in their home one fine morning, and were not meeting with much success. With mounting frustration in her voice, the woman said "Honey, I don't think we are ever going to get this couch out of the living room." To which he responded, "Out of the living room? I thought we were trying to get it into the living room!"
Relationship Advice: 10 Ways to Survive a Break Up
Break ups are never easy. You are a bundle of jealous, hurt, angry, resentful emotions. Your mood can swing from depression to bitter anger. The only thing you seem to think about is what went wrong, can I get him/her back or I'll show him/her. The main theme in your life is 'How can I feel better right NOW?' Here are some suggestions that I hope will help.
Penpal and Christian Penpal
Having a penpal can be fun; bringing diversity into your friendship circles, and a having a Christian penpal can bring support and encouragement into your life. A penpal is someone that you correspond with, getting to know each other through personal writing. Many relationships have been discovered through the avenues of writing to others in another town, another state, or across the world. A penpal is one way to build and maintain life-long friendships.
Rekindling An Old Flame
Dr. Nancy Kalish, a psychology professor at California State University, Sacramento, is the only researcher of couples who reunited with former sweethearts. Her book, Lost & Found Lovers: Facts and Fantasies of Rekindled Romances, 1997, is based on her first four years of research (now 11 years). Questionnaire responses were included from 1001 participants, ages 18 to 89, in all 50 states, and 35 countries. In addition, the book contains the lost love stories of the couples in their own words.
The Power of Authenticity
How "powerful" are you?
Jamie and Kurt are a sweet, successful couple in their early thirties. In spite of loving each other deeply, they often find themselves in conflict over seemingly minor issues, as most couples do. Recently, just one week before their wedding anniversary, they had a particularly hurtful argument. Jamie had expressed her unhappiness about Kurt's busy schedule and the limited time he finds to spend with her. As usual, Kurt promised to try harder and they got through it. But having not dealt with the real issues at hand, the problem was bound to resurface. Jamie unknowingly began planting the seeds for their next bout when she decided to bring up the subject of their anniversary.
Here Come the Questions
Why is it that even though I am not positive if I like a guy, because of course it's only been a week, that when he doesn't call for 3 days it becomes a dramatic incident, and all of a sudden its Fiona Apple time? There is no reason for him to not call; everything was fine last we spoke. With the time frame we are discussing here in the first place it shouldn't even phase me that a man decides to not call for 3 days, or possibly (gulp) never again. I never slept with him, I never drunkenly made a fool of myself over him or around him, in fact we had a lovely first date, probably one of the most successful I have ever been on considering this particular date including shopping. On top of that we spoke multiple times this week. Now it is Sunday night and I have heard nothing from the adorable Mr. Foley, it shouldn't matter. But it does.
Relationship Advice: 4 Ways to Handle an Unsolvable Relationship Problem
1) Leave the relationship
Being Dumped, Just Plain Sucks!
Today I received a question from a guy. Here is what he said:
Finding a Life Partner
Real Solutions For Combatting Extreme Shyness
Most people experience some degree of shyness from time to time in certain situations. In fact, only about 7% of the population claims that they never feel shy. For the rest of us, shyness can range from being an occasional, minor inconvenience, to being a major problem.
Dont Avoid Conflict and Confrontation with Your Spouse
"I just let him handle things his way."
Infidelity Excuse: I Fell Out of Love... and Just Love Being in Love
I find this dilemma rather common for younger couples, probably mid or late 30s and younger.
Cutting the Cord
Sometimes, after a relationship has ended, many of us have problems letting go. A lot of my clients often complain of feeling haunted or even possessed by the dearly departed (who probably isn't even thinking of you at all and is busy happily running away with his or her new partner.) It's like the person has left an indelible imprint upon your heart and many of us feel that we can't go on until the ex returns. The energy of the ex might be manifesting itself in all sorts of ways --- in what you perceive to be little omens or reminders that occur in every day life (such as a phrase or song lyric) or even as a visitor in your dreams.
The Lies That Saved a Judges Life
What is empathy? Many people confuse empathy with sympathy, but empathy is really much more.
Defining Relationship Commitment for Todays Couples
WHAT IS COMMITMENT?
When Attracting Sexy Women, Remember... Time And Circumstance Change Everything
Many guys are just too intimidated and full of anxiety around sexy women to be successful at attracting women. I've even seen guys who turn women's heads walking into a room who have this issue. Let me help some of you who may have this "between the ears" handicap.
How Can Empathy Shape Your Values?
One of the most underrated concepts that most people overlook is approaching life from an empathetic standpoint.
Top Ten List of What to Do and What Not to Do in Relationships
Most of us who have been intimately involved with someone beyond the infatuation stage know that relationships are like a rollercoaster ride. When things are good, they are very, very good. When things are bad, they are very, very bad. As a relationship coach, I have developed Top 10 Lists---one for men and one for women on 10 things to do and not to do in relationships.
Relationship Problems: Whats Your Contribution?
As the story goes, there was once a farmer and his family. They lived in and farmed a huge and gorgeous valley, right next to an equally huge and gorgeous mountain range.
|home | site map|