Myrtle Beach Golf Packages - What to Know Before You Go
There is a lot of money in the Myrtle Beach golf package market. Unfortunately, like any other opportunity, this can bring out scam artists and bad business practices.
Don't get stuck with hidden charges on your golf packages. Myrtle Beach discount golf package resellers don't always have your best interest in mind. Here are five things to be aware of before booking your next golf package to Myrtle Beach.
The first two items come in the form of hidden fees. Myrtle Beach is getting a bad reputation among visiting golfers because of these hidden fees and surcharges. This was one of the biggest complaints noted in a recent local newspaper's article.
1) Cart Fees ? The golf courses require them. Most golf packages leave them out. Hidden golf cart fees top the list of complaints for most golfers visiting the Grand Strand. Many Myrtle Beach golf package resellers keep the $20 or $30 dollars and pass along the fees to vacationing golfers. Ask up front whether or not cart fees are included. If not, demand it or do your business elsewhere.
2) Course Surcharges ? Many golf packages allow golfers to "upgrade" to better courses. This fee is normal in the Myrtle Beach golf market. However, many golf packages up sell visitors on better golf courses. Then, after paying more, the vacationing golfer plays a course that is no better or sometimes worse than the original one. Do your homework before paying a surcharge to play a better golf course.
These next two problems often occur with Myrtle Beach golf package resellers that do not know the local market. Any website can put Myrtle Beach on their logo and sell packages from locations all over the world. Only deal with companies that have local market ties and local market knowledge.
3) Golf Tour ? The Grand Strand golf area covers approximately 80 miles. Often these fulfillment centers sell Myrtle Beach golf packages that have you driving more than golfing. They don't care how long the trip is as long as they make an extra profit. Make sure to know the distances between your accommodations and your golf courses on your next golf vacation.
4) Course Conditions ? Golf packagers with no local ties do not know what the course conditions are like in Myrtle Beach. These companies rely on dated information and have no idea about yearly maintenance schedules. Getting tee times at a lower rung course is bad enough. Don't compound the problem with horrible course conditions. What is the solution? Contact the Myrtle Beach golf courses yourself and ask them about their maintenance schedule and course conditions. Or, stick with a golf packager that has local market knowledge.
Do you need a golf package? This is definitely something to consider. Myrtle Beach has over 120 golf courses and they are not always sold out.
5) Buyers Market ? During some times of the year there are more golf courses than golfers. This gives you an edge. It also gives you a reason to consider booking tee times separately. Summer and winter are slower than spring and fall. However, you can sometimes get a better deal booking tee times yourself even in the busy months. Do your research and investigate options instead of blindly buying golf packages.
Remember, golf deals always look great on paper. If your Myrtle Beach golf package is far below the cost of other deals, don't expect a great golfing experience. Investigate, read the fine print, deal with a company that has local knowledge and ask for customer testimonials. This is the best advice we can give you before you purchase a Myrtle Beach golf package.
Make sure to visit our Myrtle Beach golf section for more great tips and information before booking your next golf vacation. For complete golf package tips and advice visit our Myrtle Beach golf package page.
Copyright 2005 Evans Putman - All Rights Reserved. Reprints allowed see below.
Article courtesy of http://www.perfectgolfvacations.com your source for the best golf destination information. We deliver "Truth in Golf Travel". PerfectGolfVacations.com delivers the best local market information and word-of-mouth recommendations from golf destinations like Myrtle Beach, Las Vegas, Ireland, Hilton Head, and more. Keep current with updates, news and specials when you sign up for the PGV.com Advisor located on the left-hand side of each page on our site.
This article may be reprinted with no changes, omissions, or additions. All links must be left live and in tact.
I have chosen four of what I feel are the most common trouble shots you may encounter at The Bridges Golf Club. And "Taking the Challenge" at the Bridges involves being prepared for trouble shots. It would be naive of me to think otherwise. Remember, every course has a little different layout and terrain so practice accordingly.
How A Golf Workout Routine Can Crush Your Competitors
A golf workout routine can be as simple as using a pair of hand weights (dumbbells), and doing 5-6 golf-specific exercises in less than 15 minutes. Now I know you have 15 minutes to dramatically improve your game and crush your playing partners and competitors.
Myrtle Beach Golf - Quality and Quantity
Myrtle Beach is the best of both worlds for every golfer, QUALITY and QUANTITY. The Grand Strand has over 120 courses designed by the best in the game: Dye, Jones, Nicklaus, Palmer, and Fazio to name a few. Over 1 Million golfers played there in 2004. You will find the largest assortment of quality courses to test your game, both mentally and physically.
Understanding The Physics Of The Golf Swing
Some golf players have been able to increase their game tremendously by studying the physics of their golf swing by capturing and analyzing the biomechanics of their golf swing.
Secrets Of The Avid Golfer
Every avid golfer has got to be the sort of person who enjoys the game immensely. It has been proven that we tend to be very good at doings things that we enjoy doing and this should be no exception to the case of the avid golfer of today.
What a Load of Golf Balls
Through out the history of golf the golf ball has evolved more than any other piece of equipment used in the game. From the very first wooden balls followed by the feathery to the latest 4 piece, high energy core, tungsten weighted, titanium, super thin covered, go further go straighter last forever golf ball, advances in science and the materials used in manufacturing has taken that little white thing to a new level of performance.
3 Ways To Maximize On The Effectiveness Of A Golf Instruction Video
Golf instruction videos featuring techniques and tips from leading world class players are very common these days.
Tiger Woods Wins Again
Tiger Woods today strolled to his second British Open Golf title finishing fourteen shots under par, five shots ahead of the veteran, the Scot Colin Montgomerie. It was Tiger's tenth success in major tournaments and now only Walter Hagen's eleven majors, and Jack Nicklaus's total of eighteen lie ahead of him.
How to Unleash Your True Golf Potential (Part 1)
Time and time again we see today's golfers out on the driving range trying to better their game. Whether it's working their short game or driving the long ball, hours upon hours are spent on trying to master proper technique in order to take strokes off their game. What most golfers are unaware of is that the proper technique they are striving for is often hampered by something call muscle imbalance. Muscle imbalances are postural deficiencies that will cause faulty movement patterns, discomfort or even pain during activities such as a golf swing.
Golf Humor Examines Golf Emotions:- Are We Just A Bunch Of Cry Babies?
Let's examine an aspect of the game that I find par- ticularly fascinating:- The strong emotions associated with this game of golf.
A Valuable Golf Exercise In Your Office When You Have A Moment
Golf exercise is not necessarily in a gym. Getting creative with what you have can make all the difference and have a very positive impact on your game.
The Impact of Golf Specific Exercise
Golf specific exercises are part and parcel of the modern day golf game. Yet many people associate golf specific exercises with exercises used in other sports and by other athletes involved in more rigorous sporting activities.
Choosing The Right Shoes, Golf Shoes, Wedding Shoes And Other Footwear!
Wearing a comfortable pair of shoes is very important if you spend much time on your feet. Whether you're standing, walking or running, all of your weight falls directly onto the bottom of your feet. That's why the shoes you wear are critical to the long term comfort and health of your feet and ankles.
Secret Sneaky Tactic To Get A Complete Used Golf Club Sets On A Discount With Auction Sites
Have you experienced this when you're bidding on ebay or other auction site? You bid on an item, lets say used golf club sets, you put you're first bid. Then you leave it for a while thinking you'll be winning on the bid. After a while you checked it again, then suddenly there's a higher bid... What? I need to get that used golf club set, I'll bid higher!...
The Proper Golf Swing Technique
There is no doubt that the proper golf swing technique is very important if an amateur golfer or any golfer for that matter, is to see their game improve to a significant level.
Here?s A Golf Training Tip To Boost Your Drives
Every golfer would like to have a golf training tip to increase their drives by 10, 20, 30 or even 40 yards. But what do you need to focus on to accomplish that?
The Size and Weight Of A Golf Ball
Golf ball manufacturers pay attention to how most weekend golfers play and address those issues in accordance with the minimum and maximum tolernaces for golf balls.
What Do Trees Have to Do With Golf?
On our way back from a recent round of golf, Fritz and I were discussing the way most golfers evaluate golf courses. We've had this discussion before, and it inevitably gets around to my heartfelt conviction that trees do not enhance the "golfing experience".
Golf Training Programs For Women
Golf training programs designed to help condition the body for better golf have really taken off in recent years. Male golfers have not been the only beneficiaries. Many women golfers have also taken full advantage of what must be the most effective ways of improving one's golf game.
Golf Swing Improvement The Fast Way
Golf swing improvement is a never ending goal for every golfer wanting to play better golf.
|home | site map|