How to Build and Sell your eBook at the Same Time
Why write an eBook?
You want ongoing, lifelong multiple streams of income. You want to raise your credibility and trust ratings with clients or customers. You want to get your message out so the world can be a better place.
Yet, you want to spend only a little time on it. (Would you be willing to spend 4 hours a week?) You want to get it out fast (Would 4-6 weeks be OK?) You want to market Online at a low-cost investment. And, for some of you, you are ready to be innovative and even take a small risk to get your eBook read by millions, rather than hundreds!
In order to finish your eBook fast you need to first, look at where you are now; second, where you want to be; and then you'll know how to get to your finish line.
Where are you now?
You have the idea for your eBook; you have a lot of ideas! Take a moment and decide which one you are most passionate about now and will be for the next year. Focus on one great idea, then add others you know will work.
You have your eBook well on its way, but aren't finished. You need advice on how to get it done, what's needed to publish (not much!), and how to distribute it.
Who Should Write an eBook?
How to get there.
Build and Sell your eBook at the same time
Every part of your book can be a sales tool. When you include the essential "Seven Hot-Selling Points" before you write chapter one, you'll sell more books than you ever dreamed of!
1. Write for your one preferred audience. Not everyone wants your book. Find out what audience wants/needs your book? What problems does your book solve for them? Create an audience profile and keep your audience's picture in front of you as you write. Ask yourself, is my topic narrow enough? The Chicken Soup For The Teenager, For The Prisoner, and other specific groups sold far more copies than the original Chicken
2. Write a sizzling book title including benefits. You have 8 seconds to hook your potential buyer. While an eBook cover doesn't need fancy graphics you will want to create one that can be printed both in color and black and white. It must be easy to see and read. Your title and cover should compel your audience to buy.
3. Write a thirty-sixty second "tell and sell." You only have a few seconds to impress your potential buyer. Include your title, a few benefits, and the audience. This billboard needs a sound bite to grab attention. "Write, Finish, and Publish your eBook Fast to Pull Online Sales" shows professionals how to shortcut each step of writing, publishing, and promoting a salable short eBook.
Add a sound bite to the above "tell and sell" something like this: Compare your book to someone who is famous. One client's title "Passion at Any Age" used the sound bite "this book is the 'Artist's Way' for seniors.
4. Write your sales letter before you write your book. Think about your potential buyer. What are his resistances? His problems or challenges? Be sure you address these. Your sales letter used to promote your book either by email or on your Web site needs to give the benefits your potential buyers want and need. Include compelling ad copy, features, testimonials, and a small blurb about you, the author. If your potential buyer likes it, they will buy on the spot.
5. Write your eBook's introduction. Include the problem your audience has, why you wrote the book, and its purpose. In a few paragraphs include more specific benefits, and how you will present it (format). Keep it under a page. Your introduction will help you write your sales letter.
6. Create a table of contents. Each chapter should have a title, preferably a catchy one. If your reader can't understand the chapter title, then annotate it. Add some benefits or a sub title. In my first chapter called "Why Write an eBook?" I added this partial list of benefits: Ongoing lifelong multiple streams of income, credibility as the expert, products sell easily online, buyers are more targeted and hence you create more profit.
7. Reach out to opinion molders. After an initial contact of asking for feedback, resend them the same chapter and the table of contents of your book. Ask for a testimonial then. These influential contacts' testimonials will help promote your eBook Online.
Design every part of your eBook to be a sales tool and a beacon that brings out your best: writing--compelling, easy to read, organized, and enjoyable. Your book can sell to thousands, even hundreds of thousands when you design it correctly.
Judy Cullins, 20-year book and Internet Marketing Coach, Author of 10 eBooks including "Write your eBook Fast," and "How to Market your Business on the Internet," she offers free help through her 2 monthly ezines, The Book Coach Says...and Business Tip of the Month at http://www.bookcoaching.com/opt-in.shtml and over 140 free articles. Email her at mailto:Judy@bookcoaching.com
How to Protect Your Ebooks and Software from Being Stolen!
There are many systems that can lock your software or document, allowing you to control access to that file. But the problem arises with assuming that this will stop all theft. A well thought out, thorough protection system can deter theft, but it cannot stop it 100%.
An eBook Publishers Dilemma: Should I Use PDF or Exe Format?
If you write and publish eBooks, sooner or later youwill probably be faced with a dilemma - should youcreate your eBooks as .exe files or .pdf files?
Surefire Way To Find Hot Selling eBook Topics
To become an entrepreneur, you need product ideas.
Ebook Marketing: 20 Checklist For eBook Creation
If you promote an ebook, please pay attention to these ebook marketing checklist:
You Really Can Make A Fortune Off Of EBooks and Software Resale Rights
When I first considered online selling, I had trouble thinking of a product to sell. I did not have a storefront or any particular talents to offer.
Top Ten eBook Mistakes and How to Correct Them
Did you know that you already have an eBook inside you?
E-book Sales ? Will Your Cover Close the Sale?
Well designed professional looking e-book covers do much, much more than show the title of the book. An e-book cover can be a powerful attention grabbing sales tool. If you are currently promoting an e-book on your web site and don't have an e-book cover to promote it, you're losing money.
Make Profits from FREE e-Books
E-books are one of the most beneficial and easiest ways to make mone on line - if you sell them. But how can you make profits from free e-books? This closely-guarded secret of the self-styled guru's has recently become easily achievable by just about anyone with something to say, and certainly by everyone who already has a e-book or other information product to sell.
Internet Journey - From Storms To Desktops
After battling the sea for nine years, it's time to move on. That's what I told myself when I first stepped ashore to search for a land job. The decision was not made on the spur of a moment but after much thought and soul searching.
3 Steps To Turning OK eBook Sales Into Unbelieveable Results!
Have you noticed that 90% of "How To" information about creatingand marketing your own information-based products online is basic beginner stuff?
How To Create Your Own Info Product
In the last article we talked about why informational products are the best type of products to sell online. An informational product can be a digital book (known as an e-book), a digital report or a white paper, a piece of software, audio or video files, a web site, an ezine (electronic magazine), or a newsletter.
10 Secrets to Write Your eBook Like a Winner!
You already have what it takes to write your first e-book. And like other winners you can create or increase your passive income stream each month. Your winning competitors wish you would never discover these secrets.
How to Harness the Power of Ebooks for the Benefit of Your Website!
Ebooks can be a powerful tool when it comes to promoting and profiting from your website. To be able to benefit from ebooks, it is important to know how to use them to their full potential.
20 Ways to Increase Web$ite Traffic and $ales with eBooks
Here's a fast, easy list for you. Use it as checklist to see what you need to do to increase traffic. Or use it as a review list if you have already been working on improving your website traffic. It will help you find ways that you might have known or forgotten.
Lets Get One Thing Straight About Being A Published Author
Just for fun, evaluate the following statement:
Demand for E-books on the Increase
Demand for electronic books, or e-books, has created one of the fastest growing Internet consumer market segments.Research conducted recently by the Gartner Group revealed that one in 300 books read in the USA, and one in 450 books in Europe, are read in the digital format. This is a 38% increase on last year, which in turn experienced 25% growth on 2003.
E-Book Writing Formats: How to Make the Words Flow
Nervous about writing your first e-book? Never fear. E-books are written in a conversational, informative style that's easy for the reader to understand, and easy for you to imitate as you write them. Whether it's ten pages about Smart Finances, 50 pages on How to Care for Your Cat or 250 pages covering Secrets of the World's Best Yoga Masters, there are several e-book formats you can write to that are thought-provoking enough to get your words flowing, and flexible enough to make them as long or short as you like. Each of these formats is extremely appealing to the readers for its breezy, informative style.
Why eBooks Are The Most Overlooked Path To Online Prosperity
The ebook revolution is here! The Internet now makes it possible to come up with an idea, turn it into an ebook, distribute it over the Internet, and start making money - all in 30 days or less. In the offline world, 30 days wouldn't typically even be long enough to start getting rejection letters back from publishers. We say this with confidence because we have both gone from book idea to book sales in a matter of weeks - not once, but many times. Between us, we have 10 ebooks currently selling on the Net. Several of our books have brought us five figures in income. Jim holds the record between us with one release that made an astounding $43,000 in 30 days.
Stop Trying To Sell Your eBooks
Throughout the Internet there are many people who have written ebooks, are writing ebooks or have produced other information products such as reports. No doubt, each writer wants to sell them. And many people have problems selling their ebooks. That's because they try too hard. Here's a different approach which will change the way you see what you do.
Writing an eBook is Risk-taking Behaviour ? Choose to do it!
The choice to author a book isn't one that just suddenly comes to you. It's something that gradually happens. And it usually happens many times before you begin to take it seriously.
|home | site map|