30 Truisms About eBook Authoring
The decision to author an eBook is a life-changing decision. The "fallout" from publishing an eBook will change forever the way you see yourself and the way others see you.
Why? That's difficult to say. But the following list of 30 Truisms gleaned from the experiences of successful eBook authors will help answer the question.
So, what are you waiting for? Read the list. Make the decision to author an eBook.
1. You will have access to a world-wide audience via the Internet 24/7 so your book store is always open. You will be amazed when you get downloads of your eBook from 100+ countries and you realize just how small the world really is.
2. You can afford to give away free updated versions of your eBook because of the low cost of making changes and the virtually free delivery system.
3. You can/must/should build a long-term relationship with your customers using email addresses supplied when your eBook is ordered. You can also use this list for communicating other offers to these same customers but never sell or give away your opt-in list.
4. Your readers are a valuable source of feedback on your current eBook if given the opportunity. You can also use their feedback, questions, concerns, and requests to get insights into what other topics need to be addressed for the same target market.
5. Communication skills are very important. You must learn how to write convincing ad and sales copy, effective eZine material, web site content and email communications. Enjoy the excitement of meeting new people all the time.
6. Being in control of the entire eBook authoring process is both a blessing and a curse. You don't have to take orders and direction from anyone else. You are totally responsible for what happens with your eBook. It's an exciting proposition.
7. eBook authoring can lead to self-employment. You can enhance current careers or start new ones. You can use your eBook as a secondary passive income or as a catalyst for an entirely new business. The possibilities are many.
8. Make your dream of writing a book come true. eBooks can fill your authoring needs within a workable time frame, with minimal financial investment, with reasonable effort and with success guaranteed.
9. You become involved in an adventure in creative writing, eBook technology, communication skills and building relationships.
10. You have the opportunity to share your expertise, passion, and knowledge with an audience that needs your help. As a bonus, you are leaving a written legacy of your experiences, wisdom and insights.
11. eBooks are the most cost efficient form of publishing available to you. Recovering your costs is guaranteed. Even if you never recover your initial financial investment, the experience of authoring a published book will still be worth it. Consider it an investment in you.
12. The friendly letter style of writing found in eBooks is conducive to the personal conversation that takes place between the author and the reader. Anyone can effectively communicate in an eBook using simple every-day language and some good planning. eBooks are not academic dissertations.
13. Because of the interactions possible between the author and the readers, it becomes a growth and learning experience for everyone. eBooks can be made as dynamic as you wish. Static standard published books don't have that option.
14. As a published eBook author, you move from the realm of anonymous individual with plenty to share and no means to do it to a measure of importance because of your expertise as a published author. "Experts" have earned that status of respect.
15. The majority of eBook authors can effectively write their book with little or no research. By "conversing" with the reader sharing what you already know and have experienced, you can fill in the details of your Table of Contents. Write ? Research ? Write. Write your entire book from memory. Go back and fill in the gaps with research. Then edit (re-write) to your final draft before publishing.
16. You will learn as much about yourself as you will about your topic as you complete the eBook authoring journey.
17. While marketing and selling your eBook you are also marketing and selling yourself. You are creating a Brand of both the eBook and yourself. You will be changed forever and be forever changing.
18. The passiveness of earning income from your eBook may be new for many authors. You create your eBook once (excluding revisions) then go on with your life while the eBooks sells on the Internet 24/7 using auto-responders so you can carry on doing whatever you want to do. Passive income from working once and benefiting many times over is the principle that successful entrepreneurs use to build wealth.
19. An "ordinary" person becomes an "extraordinary" person by authoring an eBook. Authoring is a transformational process. It awakens the author within you and moves you in to new personal and professional territory.
20. eBook authors feel better about themselves acquiring inner and outer confidence, better self-esteem, more worthiness, recognition for their contribution to the world, and a sense of giving back.
21. Self-employment as an eBook author brings with it tax benefits you may not otherwise have had. Expanding a business around your expert status as a published author, allows you to "profit" from the experience. You can actually use your eBook to build a full time business for now or your retirement.
22. Authors come to realize very quickly how important the attitudes, skills, and knowledge they have acquired over the years is valued. By sharing wisdom through an eBook, you gain an appreciation for education.
23. The term life-long learning takes on an entirely different meaning when you embark on your eBook authoring journey. You are living this experience not just talking about it.
24. You are doing the world a favour by meeting the needs of niche markets that are often forgotten, dismissed or ignored by the standard publishers. Standard publishers have no interest in a market of 1000 to 10,000 people. But eBooks can reach this market and be profitable doing it. And much appreciated too. Analysis of your target market is a worthwhile experience in itself.
25. eBook authors are overwhelmed by their acceptance into the targeted niche market. Relationships are built, new friends are made, and communication is opened up through eBooks.
26. The thrill of checking your emails to see how many people have purchased your eBook ? while you slept or were on vacation ? is one that doesn't diminish. It's like magic that 4, 16, or 40 more sales occurred over the past few days while you carried on with life. It's exciting to know that others value what you have to offer and that you are making a difference in someone's life.
27. Identifying and working with niche markets opens up new worlds of opportunities for eBook authors. Working with several related niche target markets at the same time builds reputations and expands business opportunities.
28. Using the eBook as the focus on your business you can easily expand the goods and services you offer to your clients and customers. Consider the possibilities of an expanded business: CD/DVD versions of your eBook; other eBooks; teleseminars; workshops; training programs; consulting; coaching; joint ventures; affiliate marketing; web site hosting; keynote addresses; back of the room sales; co-authoring?
29. Authoring eBooks gives authors the opportunity to measure success in terms other than financial gain. This includes: contacts with people in a more intimate fashion, marketing to the world not just your local area, exchanging ideas with like-minded individuals, expanding your horizons for personal and professional development, satisfying your interest in sharing your expertise and passion, recognition for what you can offer to others, appreciation for small business owners?
30. eBook authors are on the leading edge of a technological revolution where portable devices like eBook readers will join the myriad of other devices transforming our lives. An entire generation is growing up with portable, instant, anywhere/anytime fulfillment of their needs. eBook sales are growing by 30-50% per year and will continue to grow as eBook reading devices improve. Current technology is providing eBook devices that are about the same size as a paperback with LED screens that making reading eBooks as easy on the eyes as reading a paperback.
It all adds up to just one thing! What an experience! What are you waiting for? Take your first step. Take a chance of a lifetime. Author an eBook.
© 2005 Paul Jackson
Paul Jackson is a published eBook author who has worked with hundreds of eBook authors helping them reach their dream of writing a book. His experiences with writing eBooks, conducting Book Camps, hosting teleseminars, doing workshops and coaching wannabe and published authors means eBook Authoring Services at http://www.ebookwritingandpublishing.com is a good source of information for all eBook authors.
Are Ebooks Overpriced?
Who ever thought that one day books would not be written. People no longer have to go to stores and buy books anymore, they can read them online by authors who instead of paying the extra money to get published, simply put their book in a virtual form. No costs involving materials, dealers, book stores, or advertisement. It can all simply be done on the computer.
20 Questions To Ask Before Creating An eBook
1. What will be the title of your ebook and will it have a subtitle?
Delivering Your E-book
Much of the attraction of e-books is that they can be purchased and received instantaneously. Within minutes of reading your great sales copy, someone can purchase and download your book? just like that. If you are not set up for e-commerce with digital delivery, you are probably losing sales. Customers do not want to wait around for an e-mail attachment to arrive, or a package to be shipped. Simply put: if you can't deliver your book rapidly, someone else will get the sale. If you do not produce your product quickly, the cost to drive traffic will outweigh your profit, making this a losing proposition.
The Secrets to Writing Your Very Own Profit Pulling eBook!
I can guarantee that anyone can write an ebook. Everyone has their own interests which they can talk confidently about in depth and detail. With the amount of people on the internet nowadays, you can guarantee that there will be thousands of others with the same interest as you. Information is a huge bestseller on the internet. Thousands of people are dying to get their hands on a manual or expert guide about your interest. Therefore, there is a huge opportunity for you to spend a little time compiling a guide on your interest and selling it to those who desperately need it. What's even better is the fact that you can write, compile, and publish your ebook with no cost at all. You get to keep all the profits.
How to Write Your First Ebook
Writing your first ebook may seem like a daunting task. But like many projects, it won't seem so bad when it's broken down into manageable chunks. Not all projects are successful, so don't be too disappointed if your first ebook isn't a best seller. Whatever the outcome of your first ebook, you can at least say 'You did it'.
My Rich Mums Ebook Secrets
As usual, I walked into the Starbucks for my morning coffee.
How to Harness the Power of Ebooks for the Benefit of Your Website!
Ebooks can be a powerful tool when it comes to promoting and profiting from your website. To be able to benefit from ebooks, it is important to know how to use them to their full potential.
The Kolbrin ? Ancient Warnings of Modern Threats
The Kolbrin is a substantial Biblical-era wisdom text of immense value to comparative religion scholars, space threat researchers and philosophers. The earliest books of this ancient manuscript were written following the Hebrew Exodus from Egypt. Unlike the Bible and the Koran, however, it offers a non-judgmental view of ancient times that bridges secular and non-secular thought. It also projects dire and urgent warnings from across the millennia to those of us living today. The message of The Kolbrin is clear. We will soon face natural disasters that will visit death and havoc upon us in an unimaginable scale.
Cash in on Your Expertise
Even though I've never met you, I know one thing about you. You are an expert.
eBook Publishers Dilemma: Should I Use PDF or Exe Format?
If you write and publish eBooks, sooner or later you will probably be faced with a dilemma - should you create your eBooks as .exe files or .pdf files?
10 Ways To Make Money With eBooks
Ask any internet marketing "guru" and they will tell you the same thing:
Reflection for Personal and Professional Development
Whatever you can do, Or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
The Bible of Marketing Ebooks
The ebook from Michael Cheney really is the bible when it comes to make a successful website.
For Wannabe eBook Authors - 5 Key Questions
Are YOU ready for the eBook authoring adventure? Do you have what it takes to author an eBook? Is there an eBook author inside of you? Are you not sure whether or not you have what it takes to write that book that's been living inside of you for years? Are you reluctant to start writing your eBook, fearing that you won't complete it?
Writing An eBook - The How To Guide
Whenever you're listening to one of the big names in internet marketing you hear the same speech over and over again when it comes to viral marketing. The number one advice is, write an eBook and give it away for free.
7 Secrets to Explode your eBook Sales! Part 3
Secret #3: Creating an avalanche of sales with Freeware/Shareware sites:
How to Almost Guarantee Your eBook Market Success
Conceptualizing a profitable idea and formulating a marketing plan to sell it is a relatively exhausting task. Not everyone is gifted with the creative juices to come up with a cutting edge concept.
Self-Publish Your Ebooks Through ClickBank
There was a time when ebook publishing was seen as a reluctant half-measure for authors who had failed to impress the mainstream press. But as on-screen reading technology improves and the buying public becomes aware of the instant gratification and easy navigation that downloaded ebooks can provide, their popularity is growing and so too is their market.
How Using A Drop Capital Increased My Ebook Sales By 40%
You will often find me with my head in a book, studying the marketing and copywriting experts from the past.
Top Ten eBook Mistakes and How to Correct Them
Did you know that you already have an eBook inside you?
|home | site map|